Want to eliminate skin and beauty problems?
Here are eight easy ways to repair skin and beauty problems such as dullness, uneven skin tones, lines and wrinkles as well as ways to protect your skin from future damage. If you have embarrassing moles or skin tags you would like to remove quickly, easily, and painlessly, check out this article as well.
1. Exfoliate once per week. If your skin looks dull, you need to remove the dead skin cells. This speeds up the process of replacing your skin cells, and new skin looks younger than old skin cells. If you have sensitive skin, try a night-time moisturizer with alpha hydroxy acids. For normal skin, use a salicylic acid peel or microdermabrasion kit.
2. Hydrate your skin immediately after exfoliating to make your skin more radiant. Use a serum with humectants (e.g., hyaluronic acid), or use proteins or linoleic acid based serums for extra-dry skin. Be sure to use sunblock for prolonged sun exposure to help prevent dullness.
3. Finally, try to avoid stress, and take time to relax and breathe deeply. Also, get plenty of sleep and avoid excessive dieting. All these deprive the skin of nutrients which lessens good skin health and creates dullness.
Correct uneven skin tones:
4. The sun is the primary culprit in creating freckles and brown patches. Here are good ways to lessen their impact.
5. If you are using a scrub or exfoliant, switch to a daily cleanser with 2-5% glycolic or salicylic acid. Gritty scrubs can increase skin color while chemical exfoliants will peel away the top layer taking some of the color at the same time.
6. Focus your lightening efforts on the biggest color blotches; this will have the best “age reversing” effect. The most powerful lightener available contains 2% hydroquinone, and it works by effectively turning off pigment-producing enzymes in your skin. Apply it twice per day to see results in about six weeks. A less powerful option is a cream with arbutin or kojic acid botanical lighteners; these are not as effective as hydroquinone, but they are more gentle to your skin.
7. Don’t use hydroquinone all over; it can bleach non-colored areas. If you want an “all over” solution, try vitamin C based or soy based lighteners.
8. One your dark spots are faded, you can turn the pigment-producers back on in as little as one day in the sun. Be sure to wear broad-spectrum sunscreen.