Scissors! Isn’t it the most common and readily available product in every household? Most people are familiar with the primary uses of scissors; cutting paper, hair, fabric, etc. But did you know that scissors are helpful in the kitchen? That’s right. Scissors can be a handy tool for prepping food. From cutting herbs to mincing garlic, a good pair of kitchen scissors can make your life much easier.
And if you’re looking for a more creative use for scissors, why not try making some paper snowflakes? Just grab a piece of paper and start snipping away! Whether you’re using them for practical purposes or simply for fun, there’s no denying that scissors are versatile tools.
Scissors are such an important tool that we often take them for granted. They come in all shapes and sizes, but their primary purpose is always to cut through things. This article will discuss the various types of scissors, their uses, and other necessary information about them. So keep on reading to know more!
Types of Scissors and Uses
Scissors are useful for different purposes, and different scissors are available for various works.
Scissors for Agricultural and Gardening purposes
- Hedge trimmers: For trimming hedges.
- Grass shears: For trimming grass.
- Averruncators: For high pruning branches.
- Pruning shears or secateurs: For trimming small branches.
- Loppers: For cutting through large branches.
- Blade shears: For cutting an animal’s fleece to harvest wool.
Scissors for Kitchen purposes
- Kitchen scissors: For food preparation or for cutting herbs or mincing garlic.
- Poultry shears: To cut poultry.
- Cigar cutter: Specialised scissors with concave blade edges to cut cigars.
Scissors for hair trimming purposes
- Hair cutting shears: For trimming hair.
- Thinning shears: For thinning thick hair to avoid a bushy look.
- Hair clippers: Barbers, hairdressers, and pet groomers use hair clippers to cut hair.
- Nail scissors: For cutting fingernails and toenails.
- Moustache scissors: For trimming moustaches.
- Nose scissors or nasal scissors: Small scissors for nostril hair. It is blunt-ended to protect the sensitive interior of the nose.
Scissors for Metal Work purposes
- Snips: For cutting through sheet metal.
- Hydraulic cutters: Heavy sheet metal can be cut with hydraulic cutters, which are frequently helpful in auto accidents.
- Throatless shears: For cutting complicated forms in sheet metal, use throatless shears.
Scissors for Medical purposes
- Trauma shears: For use in emergency medical response and rescue to cut off clothing.
- Dissection scissors: For cutting flesh in dissection
- Surgical scissors: For cutting flesh in surgery
- Iris scissors: For ophthalmic surgery
- Metzenbaum scissors: For delicate surgery
- Tenotomy scissors: For delicate surgery
- Mayo scissors: For cutting fascia
- Bandage scissors: For cutting bandages
Scissors for sewing purposes
- Crafting scissors: For cutting papers.
- Applique scissors: For controlled cuts close to sewing.
- Buttonhole scissors: For opening buttonholes.
- Dress maker’s shears: For precise cutting through fabrics.
- Embroidery scissors: For precise snipping of threads.
- Pinking shears: For cutting clothes.
- Tailor’s scissors: For cutting heavy cloth materials.
As the list is vast, and we also got to see the different types of scissors, let’s check out the good scissors available on the market.
Scissors Available in the Market
Here is a list of some good daily use scissors.
Bare Essentials Nasal Safety Scissors FC05
A handy scissor to trim nasal hair. This safe and convenient scissor helps to easily cut small nasal hair without causing unnecessary cuts and damage.
Bare Essentials Fine Quality Straight Scissor MP2
A multipurpose scissor that is safe and travel-friendly.This handy scissor easily trims excess skin from the nail base. It can be used on toenail cuticles and is excellent for trimming beards and moustaches.
Gubb USA Grooming Scissors
A pair of stainless steel grooming scissors ideal for right and left-handed use.The tool with rounded edges and precision blades that curve away from the skin help cut ear, moustache or nasal hair quickly and safely.
Bare Essentials Fine Quality Safety Scissor MP16
A handy scissor that is safe and travel-friendly.This multipurpose scissor keeps stray hair in check and efficiently trims beards and moustaches.
Bare Essentials Cuticle Scissor MP18
A pair of sturdy cuticle scissors to trim hangnails. These scissors are made from stainless steel and help cut excess skin from the base of the nail and promote healthy nail growth. The short blades are a safety plus point.
Gubb USA Safety Scissors
A set of safety scissors can be used by either the right or left hand. Cutting ear or nose hair without nicks or cuts is easier by using this tool with rounded safety tips and curved blades. It can also cut the delicate nails of infants.
Health & glow Nasal Safety Scissor
A grooming tool made of stainless steel. The scissors with rounded blade edges help cut nasal and ear hair safely and with ease.
Check out the Health and Glow website to buy these scissors!
No matter how we use them, scissors help us quickly and easily create the shapes and sizes we need. So the next time you reach for a pair of scissors, take a moment to appreciate their power and then get cutting!
Breast Augmentation – Most Popular Cosmetic Procedure in 2010
Private Label Cosmetics – Make Your Own Cosmetic Formulations – Turn 50 Cents Into $50
History of Skincare Part 12: The Late Middle Ages and Italian Renaissance, 1400-1499