- Numerous Instagram accounts are editing photos of actors, models, and musicians almost beyond the point of recognition.
- While the anonymous editors haven’t explained the purpose of their accounts, they seemingly aim to give celebrities certain idealized features, like pore-less skin and straight teeth.
- Some celebrities seem to like the edits and occasionally re-post them, though other social-media users have criticized the pages for creating unrealistic beauty standards.
- Experts argue that looking at heavily-edited photos, as well as “transformation” images, can be extremely harmful to viewers and lead them to body-shame themselves.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Stars like Rihanna and Julia Roberts are often considered some of the most beautiful women in the world. But online, pictures of these celebrities and other Hollywood stars are being edited almost beyond recognition.